ABSENCE OVERSPEND INSURANCE
Our NEW alternative to traditional Staff Absence Insurance and a complement to self-managing
We appreciate that it can be difficult to identify how much to budget for supply staff costs. That’s why we’ve developed a specialist new cost control for you. It allows you to self-manage your absence costs, but with a safety net for if your estimates don’t turn out to be enough.
We work with you to calculate an average budget based on previous year’s absence costs and provide protection against overspending – it complements self-managing perfectly.
How does it work? Let’s look at an example:
- The insurers agree your absence budget based on the waiting period and daily benefit you have chosen. In this example, let’s say a Retained Absence Budget of £42,500 to cover absence resulting from accident and illness from the fourth day onward
- Each month you submit a Claim Return detailing your staff absence – we make this easy for you
- From the day after your agreed waiting period, these are deducted from your Retained Budget at your daily benefit rate. For example, £160 per day
- We’ll send you a monthly statement showing how much of your budget remains
- If you exhaust your agreed Retained Budget, insurers will then pay the daily benefit for accident and illness claims until your policy expires
What are the benefits?
- If your absences don’t exhaust your Retained Budget, you keep the underspend
- Absence Overspend Insurance premiums should be significantly lower than ‘traditional’ Staff Absence Insurance
- Our wellbeing service is included without charge
Disclaimer: This is a brief outline of the policy. Please refer to the policy wording for full terms and conditions applicable. Our example should not be relied on to justify coverage in any situation.