Absence Overspend Insurance
Want to continue self-managing? We can help here too.
Our alternative to traditional Staff Absence Insurance and a complement to self-managing
We appreciate that you might be a school, academy or trust which prefers to set aside funds rather than purchase insurance. Self-managing as we call it. For schools which prefer this route but which are nervous that their funds might run out, usually due to the more uncontrollable events like family bereavements or accidents, we have an alternative method of protection.
Basically, it works by you continuing to self-manage, with insurance ‘kicking in’ only if or when absence costs exceed a pre-determined total annual level. That level is bespoke to your school.
What are the benefits?
- If your absences don’t exceed the agree pre-determined level, you keep the underspend
- Premiums for this type of protection (often referred to as ‘stop loss’) should be significantly lower than traditional Staff Absence Insurance
How does it work? Let’s look at an example:
- It’s agreed that the amount of risk you will self-manage is, say, £52,000 (just an example)
- Each month you submit a Claim Return detailing your staff absence – we make this easy for you – and we give you a statement which lets you know by how much you have eroded the £52,000
- As each month goes on, as more Claims Returns come in, you get closer to the £52,000
- If/when you fully erode the £52,000, a claim is due and we begin paying you for the excessive levels until your policy expires (policies usually last for 12 months)
Call us on 0800 783 3500 to see if this could be the perfect solution for your School or Academy.
Disclaimer: This is a brief outline of the policy. Please refer to the policy wording for full terms and conditions applicable. Our example should not be relied on to justify coverage in any situation.